YaYa’s No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake is a fun, easy to make dessert with four simple ingredients. This quick and easy dessert is a great way to share a special bond across generations.
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries, thawed
- 3 Cups Whipped Cream
- Gather the ingredients.
- Using a straw, turn your Fresh Strawberries (2 cups) over so the green leafy bit faces down, place your straw over the pointy end of the berry, and push straight down. The green leafy bit pops right off and the white core is gone.
- Next, slice the Angel Food Cake (1) across the middle allowing you to remove the top half of the cake and place on a separate plate.
- Spread half the Whipped Cream (1 1/2 cups) on the bottom half of the cake on the top and sides as you would when icing a cake.
- Then add a layer of Frozen Strawberries (2 cups) on the bottom half of the cake. You can even pour some of the juice over the strawberries. This part is a lot of messy fun!
- Add the second layer of cake and remaining Whipped Cream (1 1/2 cups) , then both fresh and frozen strawberries on top and sides. That's it! Now it is ready to slice and serve.