There is nothing better than eating breakfast for dinner. It’s like you’re breaking the rules or something. Now you and your little chef can satisfy your cravings in the comforts of your own home with these sausage bites, breakfast or late into the evening!
- 12 oz Johnsonville® Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 Puff Pastry
- 2 Organic Eggs
- ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- To start, preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Unwrap Puff Pastry (2) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the Johnsonville® Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Patties (12 oz) , Breadcrumbs (1/4 cup) , Organic Egg (1) , Fresh Thyme (1 tsp) , Fresh Parsley (1/4 cup) , Salt (1 tsp) , and Ground Black Pepper (1 tsp).
- Cut along the puff pastry sheets fold lines to create three strips.
- Take a small amount of the sausage mix and place down the center of puff pastry strips.
- Fold the long sides of puff pastry over to meet in middle and press seam to seal.
- Cut each roll into small equal pieces.
- Make the egg wash by beating Organic Egg (1) and Water (1 Tbsp) . Place on baking sheet and brush the rolls with the egg wash. Poke holes in the middle of the small rolls to prevent over puffing. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- For the maple lemon sauce, combine Honey (1/2 cup) , Lemon (1) , and Maple Syrup (1/2 cup) in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Combine Water (1/2 cup) and Corn Starch (1 Tbsp) and stir in the water-starch mixture. Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve hot and enjoy!