This Guest Sous Chef Series took place at our local Whole Foods. We had the opportunity to partner with Chef Jason Campbell who has been teaching cooking classes at Whole Foods Market for the past 12 years. This meal is absolutely delicious and one of the Step Stool Chef's favorite dishes.
- 3 Tilapia Fillets
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley
- ½ Italian Dressing
- (to taste) Salt
- (to taste) Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes or Grape Tomatoes or Assorted Color Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ bunch Fresh Basil
- 3 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp Basil Pesto
- 1 handful Fresh Dill
- 2 Cups Italian-Style Breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), and gather all of your ingredients. Prepare the cooked basmati rice according to the instructions.
- Begin by preparing the herbs. Roughly chop the fresh Fresh Parsley (1 handful) and Fresh Dill (1 handful) together and set aside. Chop the fresh Fresh Basil (1/2 bunch) separately and set aside.
- Add the chopped parsley and herbs with the Italian-Style Breadcrumbs (2 cups) in a deep plate or square dish and combine.
- Pat the Tilapia Fillets (3) dry with a paper towel. In a dish, pour the Italian Dressing (1/2 cup) over the tilapia, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese (1 cup) Season with Salt (to taste) and Ground Black Pepper (to taste) covering the fish evenly.
- Then roll fish in the breadcrumbs & herbs mixture. Place the breaded fish on a lined sheet pan.
- Add a little more parmesan and breadcrumbs to make sure the fish is evenly covered. Place the pan in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 12-15 minutes.
- While the fish is in the oven, start the bruschetta topping. First, cut the Cherry Tomatoes (2 cups) into quarters by cutting them in half then half again.
- Place the cut tomatoes in a bowl. Halve and juice the Lemon (1) into the bowl. Then add chopped basil, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (3 Tbsp) , Salt (to taste) and Ground Black Pepper (to taste) . Place aside until fish is cooked.
- Mix the Basil Pesto (2 Tbsp) with the Basmati Rice (2 cups) .
- For the rice, tightly pack it in a small, fun shaped bowl. Then turn the bowl upside down on the plate. Once the bowl is removed, the rice will keep its shape. For the fish, simply spoon the bruschetta topping over the tilapia. Enjoy!