Our CEO, Chef Julian was invited by Truly Grass Fed and Slow Food USA to share his kid-friendly twist on the class grilled cheese sandwich. Plus, he had the opportunity to cook with Food Network and My CLEOTV star, Chef Jernard Wells which made it extra special!
Check out the full video of the cooking session as well as the recipe below and let us know how you like it!
GRILLED CHEESE SKEWERS with TOMATO CHEDDAR FONDUE
Grilled Cheese Skewers
2 slices of Sourdough Bread
4 (half an inch) sliced baguettes
6 slices of Truly Grass Fed Natural Sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon of Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
2-4 Bamboo Skewers
2 cherry tomatoes (optional)
Cheddar Tomato Fondue
2 tablespoons of Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
2 teaspoon of Minced Garlic
6oz Tomato Paste
1/2 cup Chicken Broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarians)
7 oz. block of Truly Grass Fed Naturally Sharp Cheddar cheese, Shredded
1 tsp Lightly Dried Basil
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Pinch of sugar (optional)
1. Shredded block of Truly Grass Fed Cheese
2. Sauté garlic with Truly Grass Fed Butter in saucepan on medium-low heat
3. Add three tomatoes to food processor to chop and liquify
4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken broth to saucepan. Then stir
5. Then add basil and salt & pepper to taste. Add sugar if necessary
6. Reduce to low heat and let simmer
7. Pre-heat small skillet to medium-low heat
8. Cut baguette into 4 thin slices. Butter one side of each baguette slice. Then place two baguette slices butter side down on skillet. Add one slice of Truly Grass Fed cheddar cheese on baguette then add two addition slices on top of cheese with butter side up.
9. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
10. Repeat the same with sourdough slice. Cut the sourdough grilled cheese into 2-3 slices. Then cut again in half.
11. Place grilled cheese on skewers with cherry tomato in the middle.
Serve and enjoy!