This fabulous Fish Taco recipe packs all the food groups into one amazing lunchtime dish.
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Medium Mango
- 1 Medium Orange
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ Lime Juice
- ⅔ Cup Water
- ⅓ Cup Quinoa
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 1 lb Fish Fillets
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Ground Balck Pepper
- 8 TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas
- 4 Cups Fresh Spinach
- Chop Scallion (1) , Yellow Bell Pepper (1) , and Red Bell Pepper (1) ; peel and mince Garlic (2 cloves) ; chop Fresh Cilantro (1/4 cup) and Mango (1) ; juice Orange (1) . You will need 1/2 cup of (each) chopped bell peppers for the salsa, and 1/2 cup for the quinoa and fish.
- To make the Salsa and Sauce: In a medium bowl, combine the scallion, half of each bell pepper, half of the minced garlics, the cilantro, mango and orange juice. Cover and chill. In a small bowl, combine the Greek Yogurt (1/4 cup) , Lime Juice (1/2 tsp) and the other half of the minced garlics. Cover and chill.
- In a medium saucepan, combine Water (2/3 cup) with the Quinoa (1/3 cup) and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick saute pan, heat Lime Juice (2 Tbsp) over medium heat. Add the red and yellow bell peppers and minced Garlic (1 clove) and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Fish Fillets (1 lb) on both sides with Ground Cumin (1 tsp) , Salt (1/8 tsp) , and Ground Black Pepper (1/8 tsp) and add to the pan with the bell peppers. Add the remaining Lime Juice (2 Tbsp) and cook, turning once, for 5 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Gently tear the fish into bite-sized pieces. Add the Scallion (1) and Chili Powder (1/2 tsp) to the quinoa, then gently add the quinoa to the fish, and stir to combine.
- To assemble tacos, warm the TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas (8) , then spread 1 tablespoon of the garlic-lime sauce on each warm tortilla. Top with approximately ½ cup of the Fresh Spinach (4 cups) . Arrange ¼ cup of the quinoa-fish mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Wrap the tortillas.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!
For TortillaLand® Fresh Ready to Cook Tortillas:
- Preheat a non-stick pan to medium heat (440ºF). No butter or oil required.
- Place tortilla in a pan and cook for 30 seconds until slightly golden and tortilla begins to puff.
- Turn tortillas over, and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Cook thoroughly before eating. Caution: tortilla will be hot. Enjoy!
Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Do not mix cooked and uncooked tortillas. Try cooking the tortillas on the grill or BBQ - grill tortillas until they have grill marks on both sides.