I love nothing more than a make-ahead breakfast. It's the perfect way to help make the morning rush easier and a great alternative to cereal. And the only thing better than a make-ahead breakfast is a make-ahead breakfast that your kids can make by themselves. Adapted from Life, Love and Sugar
- 1 pckg King's Hawaiian® Sweet Round Bread
- ½ Cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped
- ½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 4 Eggs
- 1¾ Cups Milk
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Spray 9-by-13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Chop the Fresh Strawberries (1/2 cup) .
- Tear King's Hawaiian® Sweet Round Bread (1 pckg) into chunks and spread half of the bread evenly in the bottom of the dish. Add about half of the Fresh Blueberries (1/2 cup) and strawberries. Add remaining bread on top and then berries.
- In a large bowl, add the Eggs (4) , Milk (1 3/4 cups) , Granulated Sugar (1/2 cup) , Brown Sugar (1/4 cup) , Vanilla Extract (1/2 Tbsp) and Ground Cinnamon (1/2 Tbsp) .
- Whisk together.
- Add the mixture to the casserole pan, and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the casserole overnight (or at least for 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) when you are ready to bake.
- Remove casserole from fridge and place in a preheated oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. For a softer, more moist texture bake closer to 30 minutes. Bake closer to 40 minutes for a firmer texture.
- Let cool and serve with your favorite syrup, honey or whipped cream.