In just minutes, you can get the taste of a homemade apple pie in these bite sized tasty treats. Now with this kid-friendly recipe for Baked Apple Pie Bites, your little chefs can make a delicious dessert the whole family can enjoy.
The first step is to peel the apples. Choose your favorite apple variety, preferably a crisp apple with great flavor. For this recipe, we used both a granny smith apple and red delicious apple. To peel an apple, it's best to use a fruit or vegetable peeler. Look for y-shaped peelers with a soft grip and long handles.
When using a peeler it's important to peel away from your body using long downward strokes. Slowly turn the fruit around as you peel. Make sure that all of the skin has been removed from the apple.
Core and cut the apple into 8 small slices. If you have an apple slicer that will work great. Your little chef may need a little extra muscle as it can be a challenge to cut through a firm apple.
Next, in a small bowl pour 1 tablespoon of butter on your sliced apples then set aside.
Then in a separate small bowl, add the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Thoroughly mix the brown sugar and spices with a small spoon then set aside.
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, unroll the crescent dough and separate the triangles. We used a pizza cutter to help separate the triangles and prevent from over stretching out the dough.
Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on the dough triangles then place the apple slices at the wide end of the triangle and starting from the wide end, roll the dough around the apple.
Place the rolled apple slices on the baking sheet, brush the top with remaining butter then sprinkle the top with the remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. Let cool for about 5 minutes… then enjoy!
Now, you can get the taste of homemade apple pie in about 30 minutes. Instead of a traditional apple pie, have your little chef whip up these fun, tasty treats. What a great what to have them contribute to the family meal!
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can refrigerated Crescent Roll dough
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel apple then cut into 8 slices around the core. Using an apple slicer will make this easier.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of melted butter over the apple slices in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly among triangles then place an apple slice at the wide end of the triangle.
- Starting at the wide end of each triangle, roll the apple in the crescent dough. Brush the top with remaining tablespoon of melted butter then sprinkle the top with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes then let cool for 5 minutes. Then enjoy!