Here's a fun and easy twist on a breakfast classic that kids can make all by themselves. Perfect for birthday breakfast or anytime you want to turn breakfast into a celebration!
Chef Jasmine made these for your big brother Julian for his 14th birthday and it came out amazing! Here's the recipe for you to try it yourself:
- 2 cups all purpose | plain flour, (290 g | 10 oz)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (60g | 2 oz)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk, (440ml)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (60g | 2 oz)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) degrees
- Combine all the dry ingredients together including the flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl.
- Then add the wet ingredients including the milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg. Mix together until smooth (there may be a couple of lumps but that's okay).
- Add in the sprinkles.... Be generous and add as much as you like. It's a party! The batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If you find the batter too thick, mix in a couple tablespoons of extra milk into the batter at a time until it's easier to mix.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan by spraying it with cooking spray or olive oil. We used an adorable heart shaped silicone mold for our poppers.
- Add the batter in a sandwich bag and make a small cut at the tip of the bag...This makes it easier to add the batter to the mini muffin pan. Squeeze the batter into the mini muffin pan. Should make about 24 mini muffins and 12 regular muffins.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then enjoy!
Check out the heart shaped mold we used and click to get it for yourself (will direct you to Amazon via our affiliate link)